Wednesday, July 15

Finding Encouragement

For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.

May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God. ~ Romans 15:4-7 

We all have difficult times during our lives. Currently, I am struggling through an extended (read LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNGGG) period of unemployment, more than 13 months. My unemployment benefits ended right before Christmas last year and I have been unable to land even a part-time job in retail. I fight constantly to stay positive, sometimes finding even the simple act of swinging my feet over the side of my bed, to stand up and start the day, almost impossible.


During this time, when it feels that I will never again find a job, I lean on my family for strength and encouragement. My Faith Family provides emotional and spiritual sustenance. I look to God for comfort and, yes, the occasional kick in the seat of my pants that I need now more than ever.

"Hang in there" is the one phrase that I appreciate above all others and love when one of my loved ones says it to me.

So, to you, if you are struggling and feeling hopeless, alone, unloved, unlovable...

Hang in there! 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reminder: Let’s pray together!  Please click on the Share a Prayer? tab and send me your prayer intention.  

Have a wonderful day!   
Love     אנגלית     الإنجليزية
Hope     מקווה     أمل
Perseverance     התמדה     مثابرة n
Encouragement     עידוד     تشجيع



No comments:

Post a Comment