Monday, January 12

I Made You...

Matthew 24:40


I used to work for Covenant House, the largest provider of shelter and support services for homeless and runaway youth in the country.  I often heard our president, Sr. Mary Rose McGeady, share the quote below.  Consider it not an indictment, but an exhortation.

A call to action.

An encouraging to share.

A challenge to make a difference.  If even for just one person, one child made in God's image.

It stirs me still, especially during those times when I feel overwhelmed by the inequalities, the inconsistencies and the inadequacies of this world.



"On the street I saw a small girl
cold and shivering wearing a thin dress,
with little hope of a
decent meal.
I became angry and said to God,
"Why did you permit this?
Why don't you do something
about it?"
For a while God said nothing.
That night he replied
suddenly:
"I certainly did something
about it.
I made you."
- author unknown


PS.  I am trying to discover who wrote this quote. Once I have learned the author's identity I will update this quote.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reminder: if you have a prayer need, please click on the Share a Prayer? tab and send it my way.  I will respond.

Have a wonderful day!
Love     אנגלית     الإنجليزية

No comments:

Post a Comment