Wednesday, March 18

Prayer; For Whom And Why?

During a Facebook exchange today with a brother Christian, who has veered far to the Conservative Right, he vowed to pray for me because I identified myself as a progressive.  The implication was very clear.  I think differently from him, which obviously (to him) is wrong and sinful.

The addition of my name as a link in his Rosary prayer chain is necessary because my salvation is in jeopardy.  

Now, I will never reject an offer of prayer in my behalf.  In fact, I am grateful for all such offers despite the nature of it and of the person offering it.  To reject them would be ungrateful and ungracious.  And un-Christian.  

But...

Jesus was not betrayed and murdered because he held fast to the all of the old ways and practices.  He did not cling to the Law at the expense of the lives of those in need of his Love and Healing.  

Jesus was different, thus dangerous to the status quo.  He dared to teach a new way, a way which preached complete love.

Unstinting Love.

Undeserved Love.

Undying Love.

Dare to love, even if it takes you from your comfort zone and challenges you to think differently about the world and people around you.
  
And feel free to pray for everyone, regardless of how different their world view, ideology, cultural heritage, belief system, sexual orientation may be.  

That's the Love that He wants us to share...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reminder: Let’s pray together!  Please click on the Share a Prayer? tab and send me your prayer intention. 

Have a wonderful day!
Love     אנגלית     الإنجليزية
Grace     גרייס     نعمة
Hope     מקווה     أمل

No comments:

Post a Comment