Wednesday, December 24

A Prayer For Peace ... And a Comic (Just For Fun)

I’m presenting a preview of my church’s Christmas Eve worship service by sharing the prayer below.

Into a world full of conflict and fear; 
into a world where scarcity abounds in some places, 
while plenty abounds in others;
into a world still unable to find the balances
that would make for true peace; and
remembering the vision of the prophet Isaiah,
we bring our light of peace.
By the light of this single candle,
may the way forward be shown.

©Yorktown United Methodist Church, Yorktown Heights, New York

On this, my favorite day (and night) of the year, I would like to share the comic below, from this past Sunday (21 December 2014).  Shoe is one of my favorite comics, in part because it is irreverent, much like yours truly.  It also will sneak into its panels, from time to time, a moment of breathtaking profoundness, as with the strip below:


I pray that you find and experience the all-consuming, comforting Peace that God wants to share with you, during these Holidays and in the New Year.

Amen…

[Oh, and if you are in the Yorktown Heights, New York, area tonight come and join us at the 11:00 PM worship service.  I’ll be there to say, “Hi!” and “Peace!”.]

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reminder: if you have a prayer need, please click on the Share a Prayer? tab and send it my way.  I will respond.

Have a wonderful day!
Peace     שלום     سلام


No comments:

Post a Comment